Living Fully Right Now But Planning For Tomorrow

 Note: God Bless all of us who live in the NY/NJ area with strength and love! I am on my way to NJ where my husband says our home is full of mold smell and mold. There is no heat/power gas or internet. So this blog will not be updated until I I have power and internet. I appreciate your patience and look to loving on you with the wisdom God has given me as a survivor to share with you very soon. Love and Joy, Brook

For Audio VERSION Click Here!

Living Fully Right Now But Planning For Tomorrow is a key to healing.
 
I am about to finish my book on the heart and psyche of a victim and will be sharing a great deal in it so bid me well as it must and needs to do a good work and I want for you to get so much out of it as it will tell my whole story as well.

I was pondering what to share based on the emails and notes I have gotten recently. There is still an idea, that I can actually see, hear and sense that there are many that do not realize what a victim who is a hero that grows to be a survivor goes through in the process and aftermath of abuse. In addition how that process can or cannot lead to total wholeness based on our individual willingness to believe, fight and do the work necessary to live a life of God-given destiny which includes underachieved dreams and deep desires. Because it is true that we can and must CHOOSE.

Sidebar: I want to say what I mean by hero/victim to  - - survivor. In a recent TWITTER session with the white house which was held last month I was asked what I meant by victim to survivor...   After all that I endured - I didn’t feel nor behave like a survivor as I and I alone knew my thoughts and how awful they were in addition to the suicidal meditations. Even last year when I first shared what happened someone said, “you’re a survivor” and I realized if they had said it any sooner, it would have been a partial truth.

You see living, breathing, working to some maybe surviving but I believe that individuals that have gone through this are very special people with greatness on the inside.

And when we transform through  - a wealth of insight and destiny can lead us to a greater awareness of what life is all about and with God’s grace what our purpose is in it. So, a “Survivor” in my book is someone who knows this and is fighting to get there. And believe me many fellow survivors I share with do understand. Because it’s hard when you have been though profound sexual and psychological abuse to overcome and peel back the layers. It is only through much therapy, prayer, self reflection and work that we allow or move out of the way enough for the wonder of our hearts and brains to do what they are designed to do - and that is transform and be excavated so that the previous horrific foundation that was laid in our soul and mind is rebuilt, revived, and thriving with the brilliance of our authentic self while achieving needed abilities and gifts to and through our communities and humanity.

So, it is with this that I say I believe  - on the other side of these advertises is an equal or even greater reward.

This Weeks Quote:

“If we can get to the place where we show up as our genuine selves, and let each other see who we really are, the awe-inspiring ripple effect can change the world.”
Terrie M Williams - Author of Black Pain

Please be on the look out for our DECEMBER 6th showing of the film and the Shchomburg Museum in New York, NY.

I will also be speaking at Meigi University in Japan in December and will put a calendar up of some wonderful screening speaking engagements coming up.

Note that I will be with UNICEF and speaking on another panel this time at NYU on November 5th for the screening of another film called “Not My Life.”


Love Brook
Office Line: +1941-343-8093
Twitter: @BrookBello
Email: Info@moretoolife.org

Comments

  1. Great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please post your thoughts and questions here. Thank you. Youthiasm Ministries