July 6th-12 HOPE Series


When we lower our standards of dreaming and the pure potentiality of who we know we can become and what we can accomplish  - because of our history - we defer our hope.

In the Last Weekly Motivator - we spoke about; when Hope is Deferred... (past tense of de·fer (Verb)  Put off (an action or event) to a later time; postpone).

My healing has taken a very long time and it has come in stages but I also realize that it can come quicker and did when I OWNED my true feelings and horrific experiences, shared them and began  to emotionally heal on a whole other level.  I no longer desired to defer my life long dreams, desires and potential future.  Nor was I willing to let the fairly new culture of ageism or many ideas of current social pop culture and the likes to cause me to feel like a “has been.”

Whether, younger, young or mature, no one should allow that “effervescent bubbling over of the hearts desires to fade away because of stereotypes or any other reason.  "A 'stereotype' is a belief that can be held by anybody, about specific types of individuals or certain ways of doing things, but that belief may or may not accurately reflect reality." Therefore..

...I had to discover what my reality would be and eventually let go of what it was.

What many don’t realize is that when you are a child who simply grows up with any violence at home it causes you to feel as though your presence has no value - if you add other emotional abuse and then topple that with a horrific act of physical violence and then sexual in nature-the soul of that young person has been assassinated, and the promise of a clear and healthy identity will be greatly challenged sometimes to the point of suicide and clinical mental illness in many ways.

The phrase I have coined is “soul assassination” because sex-slavery is not strong enough and the mere word “sex” triggers various neurological impulses and emotions depending on the person.

In addition the root word for “sex” is in the word intimacy and it is our innate desire to know and be known - ultimately I believe by the one who created us, as how could there be a greater connection or wonder or even hope deep within the soul of human beings.

So, when this “soul assassination” occurs, as I have shared before, we have to rebuild. But we have to get to the place when we realize that there is something to rebuild, something wrong and herein lies the quandary. We don't always see that even though we were violated - we still need to take cognitive responsibility no matter how old we are by saying yes to being helped.

When I was “broken” so to speak, all of the problems I had, were in my mind  - “that everybody else was odd.” Now, true or not at the time, I knew I was very uncomfortable, addicted to drugs and crippled by fear but I still felt that everyone else had the issues and that people were insensitive to others. This may be true but not in the way that I thought. I also thought that what was wrong with me could be easily solved and that I could just muster up enough gumption to get out of bed and “get the job done” whatever it was that everything would be alright - how wrong I was. 


www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi2999755033/

 I could not even begin to understand how or what my real dreams and life’s calling and purpose was until I understood myself, was at peace and began to discover my God-given talents.  And there was no way to really do that if I did not HOPE in first off, my mental and emotional health, if I could see it, I could easily see other successes in life. 75% or more of people DO NOT speak of the fact that they were raped or grossly abused but I am here to share that you must and as soon as possible find a safe place to LET IT GO. Then, little by little rebuild, relearn and learn for the first time the things that are often missed after the point of impact and have to be learned.

As mentioned in my documentary film Survivor: Living Above The Noise,  www.abovethenoisethefilm.info
  I and Dr. Sarah Edwards, Phd., speak about many children that did not get the help they needed and are now adults - they look like adults but in many ways they are the children who slipped through the cracks and never got help and they are still operating from that POINT OF IMPACT  they experienced as children and the work that is begun, the journey to wholeness moves to bridge this gap so that the child that was broken is healed. 

My point, begin to HOPE, like crazy and do not let go of your dreams - this is the deepest loss in life, to look free but still be in bondage.

I will share more next week but KEEP HOPE VERY ALIVE by any means necessary...  Love Brook

Comments