The Weekly Motivator Hope Series July 13-19th

Just because others can't see, hear, feel or even understand what you know to be true doesn't mean it's not.

Sometimes, truth is the lighthouse used but never magnified. In the last weekly motivator I said that it is something to look free but still be in bondage...

This is part 3 of this series on the meaning of hope and how it has played a huge part in the healing of my own life, body, mind and emotions in ways that are exponential. 

Of course, if you are on the outside looking in at a girl, boy, man or woman that is suffering from issues that you don't understand you may find some of their behavior strange. Some may even go so far as to say that if a male or female is raped only once,  that they should get over it (and eventually we must but only those that have not suffered would say that and they don't have a clue of what is lost in the fire) and they often say that the issues with the behavior of the victim, have nothing to do with what happened at the "Point Of Impact" during the attack (a phrase that I have coined to explain being blindsided by a personal tragedy such as various forms of abuse;  in my case sex-slavery, rape and emotional abuse).

However, this is not the case and just because many people don't see it or comprehend it, doesn't matter because this does not change the truth. The same way I hoped to be different someday and not so self-loathing and unhappy with what happened to me and at the same time, not comprehending how I was actually going to ever BE, FEEL or THINK like such a different person than I was; a woman who now has Godly peace in her heart. A woman who can dance on the beach, speak before people, stand in a crowd, have and intimate relationship with a man that I love, run a company, direct and act in film and TV, and feel free and whole while doing these things, What?!, I just never knew how it could happen, I had no clue of when but yet and still, I HOPED all the more...

It's incredible to actually pinch myself and think that at one time I was under a 350lb fat man being raped and the thought that came to my mind was, "if I could ever get out of this  - I will help girls like me." Now, beyond me and my healing there is another reason for this sharing - the reason for building a place where those coming out of sex-slavery and abuse can go and transform their lives one day at a time at the Above The Noise transitional housing and rehab/life transformation program - I mean really?! I'm in awe of the possibilities of pushing past the worst and getting to that place in the sun.

There are some teens that parents often think are going out of their mind, many times they are from divorced homes, maybe there was some abuse and they ask these children questions and assume the answer they get is the whole story, I had no clue until I was in my late twenties that I was "jacked up" "tripped up"  - whatever the case, I needed some serious help and even then it was far more then I realized, I have changed more than I could have imagined but I always deeply hoped and worked toward a true and deep alteration of my entire scope on life.

When you don't have an identity that is rooted in the fact that you were born as an answer to a problem, that you were born for greatness, that there is no one better then you (at the same time there is no one better then anyone) but my point - that regardless of what people think about you and your story or mine,  this HOPE for me created a level playing field because my identity was not based on whether I was born with a silver spoon or a wooden stick - because in life anything is possible when you hope.


Some,  die early, some are born with other problems, some in countries where the mere thought of fresh water seems a myth. But these are the choices we ourselves have no control over.  What we can choose is how we will live now, how we hope to live, pray to live, work to live, go to school to live, fight to live and ENJOY to live - the rest of our lives.

So regardless if people believed I could get here or knew that my history and how I grew up effected my behavior, addictions and depression, doesn't matter, eventually I knew it did. I also knew unless I did something about it - it would remain. So with God's direction and guidance I began a pointed road to wholeness from a hell hole of existence that only I will ever really know and understand to what depths it has taken me to crawl my way out. I want to continue with more on the subject of "getting past the past" but as I often do, I want to leave you with a quote from one of my favorite doctor's.

Dr Caroline Leaf: "What Lies Are You Believing? You are a thinking being: You wake up in the morning and the first thing you do is think. All day long you are thinking, processing information through your five senses and activating existing thoughts in the networks of your mind. The last thing you do at night as you fall asleep is think. And even while you are sleeping you are sorting out your thinking. The fact of the matter is that you never stop thinking! It is the creative force that leads to choice, producing real physical entities in the brain (thoughts) which affect your spirit, soul and body."

"Every moment we are making life or death choices (Deuteronomy 30:19) – it’s the life choices that activate the genius within. It is in our spirit that we know and it is in our soul that we understand what our spirit knows."

What I am saying, Hope, all you can, when you can, put it in your mouth, your ears, your eyes and all around you. Scream it, shout it, sing it, believe it... When you do you will see the other side.

Thank you... I am so glad to those of you who have read this in Russia, Latvia, India, the UK, Africa, Malaysia, South Korea and the USA and if you are in a situation you are desperately trying to get out of, I'm thinking of you and you are on my heart daily. I also pray deeply and am working for those that are on lock down, children and women that have not gotten out. If one person lives free and then helps one person get free - we will be living as an answer to this global problem of human-trafficking on every level.

Love Brook



Comments

  1. Read the Archives to see previous weeks. Especially this series on HOPE as this is Part 3 and Parts 1 and 2 set the pace so check them out! Love Brook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please post your thoughts and questions here. Thank you. Youthiasm Ministries