Sharing Our Pain June 15-21 Happy Fathers Day!

Sharing our pain, fears and trauma as soon as we can is the most important part and the beginning of wholeness.

I can only imagine the impact of the fire/passion that fills/feels the heart of many when they ponder the depths of despair that a child or person goes through when they are trafficked "soul assassinated" by sex-slavery and/or abused in any way.

Albeit most of those I come across relate to it’s horror more clearly and honestly when they see it happening somewhere unfamiliar. Especially those I meet and speak with here at home in the USA. They realize about sex-slavery here but consider it more of an issue elsewhere and when it comes to teenage prostitution they look at these children (of which I was) as desiring to be there.

The whole point of the statutory rape law was to protect innocent minors. As I mentioned in a previous blog - the human brain does not even develop until age 24 so how could it ever be a question of desire?  Author Terrie William's of the best selling book "Black Pain" wrote, It just looks like we are not hurting" and "when we share our pain, that's when the healing begins." This is often how we look when we go through trauma especially when it has not been emotionally or psychologically dealt with.

Whether, bytheway we are a teenage prostitute (exploited, trafficked and raped teen-ager, by law, morally and in every other way) or an adult who was a child or teen that has never received helped ad slipped through the cracks and now looks like an adult in many ways but is still that child - that was never rescued.  Or perhaps an adult period - this is often how we cope.

We push it down far far away and somehow expect for time to take care of it.  All time without healing does is create more emotional poverty and even psychosis.

The shame, guilt and self hatred that often goes with it - keeps us from SPEAKING OUT and nullifies others around us and our communities which is partly why many are afraid to speak and others don't understand the mental and psychological ramifications and deep rooted issues that are taking place in victims of all forms of abuse and horrific traumatic stress.

I summarize that sometimes this is why people like me (Survivors) and also victims never tell or tell later in life of what they went through. I imagine that if you are reading this and you have never shared with anyone how you have been profoundly violated, (emotionally by a parent or guardian, sexually, physically in any way,  and violently in all of these ways) this might pull on your heart strings just a bit, in hopes that you do share and begin your healing now because it is people like you and me who can rescue others from the clutches of violators of all kinds including traffickers, and empower others who simply are still in emotional bondage and need freedom now in order to live a full life.

 No Eye has seen nor hear has heard nor has it entered into the heart of man what God has for those who love Him. But we must first be in our right minds enough to realize how wonderful we are, how beautifully created we are and how it is our right to reach our FULL potential in life and live with purpose and the happiness that joy brings.

Comments

  1. Thank you Brook for sharing. I do pray that those who are or have been violated in any way will not be afraid to reach out for help. Its never to late. May God continue to bless others through your story, put an end to sex-trafficking and may He continue to heal you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jeri Sue for reaching out and letting me k know your thoughts. This is so important. I can see through stats that there are MANY readers of the weekly motivator from literally around the globe but it is always an added bonus when they can share their thoughts also. If prompted please facebook and tweet by clicking the icons below... Much Joy Brook ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying that my healing comes and I can be courageous enough to help others

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoever posted this comment: My heart goes out to you... Love you and am sending you thoughts of prayer, and healing, strength and joy through it all!!!!

    I am praying that my healing comes and I can be courageous enough to help others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am praying that my healing comes and I can be courageous enough to help others.... You posted the comment above and then deleted it but it was still there and I know how scary it can be... Love Brook

      Delete
  5. Please continue to share and at least I will be able to send much love and and fight and power your way... I hope we meet... Brook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please post your thoughts and questions here. Thank you. Youthiasm Ministries