Weekly Motivator - July 20-26 Pursue Peace

Getting past the past can seem difficult when there has been lots of pain and sorrow but often
it is because as soon as we say past  - we THINK IT.

I challenge you to try this instead; when the past comes up - SEE the future. See your future  - not based on anything accept ALL that is possible.

Hindsight really does have a particular view that doesn't take a whole lot of discernment, afterall it is a  look back at most or sometimes all of the pieces of a certain situation we've been in and/or the choices we've made along the way. In addition, these choices were often made out of an obscured identity. But the point to this motivator is for those who are pursuing life to change that; to obtain the God dreamed wholeness of who you are meant and purposed to be.

To this I say, pursue peace. Peace is strength and resting in the knowledge that - that, that you are destined for must come to past - and any good or horrible thing that has taken place must now be used as a point of strength. This way God can assist us in seeing that "point of impact" I mentioned last week and the week before, as a "point of strength" because we are now consciously MOVING past it.

I remember saying often with my mouth; "I'm fine or I'm victorious" but in my heart was a glimmer of the past and the emotional feeling of unworthiness and/or unbelief.  Even if I said things things with animated excitement and I convinced many, including myself ( after all I was used to lying to myself for years about the facts - that I had been deeply wounded (the sex-slavery and abuse) and it was not just one of those things that was somehow normal. Nor could I get past it without help.  But as most do, I did what I felt I had to do to keep my head above water and that was lie to myself about the issues the trauma caused in me.

Unfortunately, when the Brain is still in the development phase this trauma forms in the mind and subconscious causing an identity that is contrary to the truth. For me, I know it was contrary to who I was meant to be - who I was born to be and thus, my journey to wholeness as taken sometime.

Peace: In Hebrew is Shalom, it is a total wholeness and completeness in everything - it is also a state of harmony characterized by the lack of violent conflict and the freedom from fear of violence. Commonly understood as the absence of hostility, peace also suggests the existence of healthy or newly healed interpersonal and inner relations. I realize now that this is difficult to obtain without God and loved ones to help us get through and continue growing once we are.


Peace is something I never had and it is the most important thing we can obtain in our lives. This rest in our hearts and minds has been the joy of life that has gotten me through regardless of the profound emotional struggles I have had to endure as well as ALL of those who go through Human-Trafficking and other forms of grave abuse.

Honestly, I feel as though I am alive for the first time in my life, I see, hear, smell, taste and
and sense the gift of life in all of it's glory as well as it's challenges. And instead of thinking back to evaluate who I am  -  I reach back as if in an arsenal only to grab the hindsight tools I need right now.

I will speak more on this next week but for now the quote I will leave you with is from my mentor "Barbara Perkins" and her biographical inspiring book, "Sisters at the Well," "I was still not ready to answer the major questions in my life, not wanting to find out about the person I had tucked away." 


Today; take this flower, the real you that was tucked away, this glistening soul, grab it out from the shadows and dream and live big; regardless of what has happened or what you see, believe that which is unseen to the naked eye.

Our USA restoration house coming soon. Programs for rehabilitation and restoration beginning soon. For more information please email us at the email below.

Above The Noise Life Transformation

http://sistersatthewell.com/about.html  Barbara Perkins, author, mentor, activist.

USA: The National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) is a national, toll-free hotline, available to answer calls from anywhere in the country, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.

Call us at 1-888-3737-888

OUTSIDE USA: Please send me an email to Brook@abovethenoise.info and I will put you in touch with someone nearest you. 

Love Brook 


Comments

  1. Awesome blog! I loved when you defined peace. Reminded me that we have the power to be the ones on a boat calmly resting while others are perhaps scared and frightened because of a storm and as we wake from rest we speak to the mountain of issues or the waves trying to over power us and say "PEACE BE STILL" yes Brook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teddy. Well said my love;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your courage and insite. My soul has been in the shadows most of my life. You speak my truth out loud and I am encouraged to continue on my journey to gain back the life that was stolen from me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please post your thoughts and questions here. Thank you. Youthiasm Ministries